It is hot out there…here are 7 tips for drinking water the right way.
- Don’t overdo it. We should be drinking between 6-8 glasses of water daily. Too much water can be dangerous and play havoc with your mental and physical well being.
- First thing. A glass of cold water first thing on an empty stomach helps activate the bodies organs, removes toxins, and improves bowel function.
- Clock it. Drinking a large glass of water just before you eat actually upsets the digestive juices. Try to have that glass one hour before the meal to give the nutrients time to provide the body with what it needs.
- Sip and Shower. A glass of warm water before you shower can help lower blood pressure levels. A glass of warm water will warm your body and improve blood flow.
- Nightcap. Drinking a glass of water an hour before bed can help the body replenish lost fluids.
- Try it hot. the Chinese prefer hot water with their meals. The thinking is that it helps the digestive organs work more efficiently. It is thought that iced water can cause fat in foods to clog, preventing digestive organs from working properly.
- Weigh it up. If you are not sure 8 glasses a day is right for you..get on the scales. Weigh yourself for 3-4 days right away in the morning. If you lose a pound in a day it could be that you came up short on liquids the day before…you did not drink enough water.