Drinking water is essential to your health. Water is a nutrient your body needs that is available in plain water or foods and fluids. Loss of fluids are occurring continuously through the day, from evaporation through the skin, breathing, urine or in your stool. These losses must be replaced daily to maintain good health.
Let’s take a look at 6 reasons to make sure you are drinking enough water.
1. Drinking water helps maintain the balance of bodily fluids. We are about 60% water and need this amount to function in an optimum fashion. Less and our bodily systems tells us we are thirsty. More and we need to urinate.
2.Water helps control calories. Substitute water for high calorie fluids.
3. Water helps energize muscles. When muscle cells don’t have enough fluid they do not perform as well.
4. Water helps skin look good. Dehydration makes your skin look dry and wrinkled. This can be avoided with proper hydration.
5. Water helps your kidneys. Kidneys cleanse and rid the body of toxins as long as your intake of water is adequate. If you are getting enough fluids your urine should be clear and free of odor.
6. Water helps to maintain normal bowel function. good hydration keeps thing running smoothly in your gastrointestinal track..and helps prevent constipation.